WP Engine was founded by Jason Cohen in Austin, Texas, in 2010. Cohen seized the rising fame of WordPress and chose to create WP Engine, a web hosting platform tailor-made for WordPress. It is currently used by in excess of 120,000 users across 150 nations.
This web hosting company currently gives one of the most amazing managed WordPress web hosting services around the world, with data centers in the United States, England, Australia, Ireland, and Poland.
WP Engine has won the Stevie Award 13 times for its top-notch customer service. An essential piece of the WordPress community, WP Engine takes special care of small and huge businesses the same.
Their least expensive hosting plan is $20 each month when charged every year. For how many premium features it gives, we feel the price is legitimate.
The platform believes that you should zero in on your business as opposed to enjoying the specialized parts of web hosting. Its performance, integrations, and customer support more than have a special interest.
Notwithstanding its full collection of WordPress web hosting services, WP Engine offers:
- Client reports
- Billing tools
- Online business hosting services
- Reseller hosting services
- Freelancer tools
- Designer tools for ventures
WP Engine Features:
|Performance||Superb, consistent real-world performance|
|Average Load Time||1950 ms|
|Average Response Time||0.152 Seconds|
|SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)||Yes|
|Customer Support||24/7 live chat, phone, and email support|
What is Managed Hosting?
WP Engine works in managed hosting. Managed hosting is the point at which the hosting organization handles basically every part of your site aside from making and distributing your substance.
With managed, WP Engine will deal with perspectives, for example,
- Installing WordPress
- Keeping WordPress and your server’s working framework modern
- Refreshing plugin versions
- Booking site backups
- Performing site restorations when required
Managed hosting can be more costly, however, it is definitely justified for some.
What Makes WP Engine Stand Out?
WP Engine remains in tough competition among WordPress hosting suppliers. Here is the reason.
There are a lot of shared web hosting choices accessible for WordPress sites. Be that as it may, WP Engine is optimized for WordPress, carrying with it speed, unwavering quality, and security.
Its managed web hosting services permit WordPress-explicit features that different services may not give, for example,
- Simple Migration: Transfer your WordPress installation rapidly and without any problem
- Security: WP Engine gives a free SSL certificate and Secure Shell (SSH) access
- Managing Environment: Create a copy of your WordPress site and recognize botches prior to distributing
- Performance: Outstanding performance following and diagnostics
- Support: Award-winning customer support with a 97% customer fulfillment rating
- WP Engine Provides Award-Winning Support and Security
WP Engine has a dedicated group that offers every minute of everyday customer support across different channels. Their customer support has won the Stevie Awards — a yearly rivalry for business awards — 13 times.
Here are the support plans available with WP Engine:
- Live chat support: WP Engine offers every minute of every day live chat support for every one of its users.
- Phone support: WP Engine offers day in and day-out phone support for all customers aside from those with the basic Startup plan.
- Email support: Premium and Enterprise users approach day-in and day-out email support. They can likewise profit from an onboarding counsel experience. Additionally, WP Engine’s support group will furnish you with an inward support ticket in the event that your issues are not settled through live chat or phone support.
Safety and Security
WP Engine uses a WordPress security team to make sure your website is protected. Your security conventions are automatically refreshed. WP Engine additionally joins forces with third-party companies to perform standard security checks, code reviews, and reviews.
This is the thing you get with WP Engine’s security:
- Security experiences: WP Engine offers dashboards and logs, so you can see the action on your site.
- Live group: The security group will caution you in the event that there’s a security break. They additionally screen your website all day, every day through security.
- Support: Data encryption, ordinary updates, everyday backups, site observation, and plugin warnings help you protect your site.
- Protection: WP Engine’s extra, Global Edge Security, offers advanced security to shield you from cyberattacks.
- The company guarantees your website’s protection. Assuming your WordPress site is hacked under their watch, WP Engine’s group will fix it for nothing.
What Are the Pros and Cons of WP Engine?
Every single web hosting service provider comes with its own set of pros and cons. Some of the pros and cons of WP Engine are explained in detail below:
Pros of WP Engine:
- 60-day money-back guarantees: The organization offers a 60-day money-back guarantee and utilizes a dedicated team to screen its security every minute of every day.
- Predictable and Reliable Performance: WP Engine offers 99.95% server uptime, which compares to simply four to five hours of yearly downtime.
- Amazing Loading Speeds: The hosting services offer great loading speeds and its Cloudflare Content Delivery Network (CDN), strong state drive (SSD), and NGINX (articulated “motor x) technology guarantee smart website pages.
- Grant Winning Customer Support: An incredible group gives day-in and day-out support by means of live chat, phone, and email.
- Successful Staging Environment: The arranging climate permits you to create copy renditions of your site and tests new subjects, plugins, and different features.
Cons of WP Engine:
- Elite to WordPress: Unfortunately, WP Engine just offers its web hosting services to WordPress.
- No Email Hosting: The organization doesn’t give its own email hosting service. You’ll need to utilize outsider services.
- No Domain Hosting: WP Engine doesn’t sell domain names.
- Denied Plugins: The stage asserts that certain plugins adversely influence performance and security.
- Premium Pricing: It is in no way, shape or form a reasonable web hosting service; in any case, it offers the best hosting for your WordPress site.
Who Should Choose WP Engine?
- Small businesses: With WP Engine’s hosting services and dependable support, you can undoubtedly set up a website to boost deals and keep your customers blissful.
- Engineers: The stage offers a scope of solutions, tools, and plans for designers. It is remarkable for quickly building, testing, and conveying typical or headless sites.
- Advertisers: Since advertisers need significant tools and automated solutions, they can rapidly distribute new content to boost site traffic and deals.
WP Engine might be the best web host for pretty much every individual who needs to run a site on WordPress, from businesses settling in online to designers and businesses that can use its different solutions for building powerful sites for their clients.
WP Engine Pricing and Plans
WP Engine offers five hosting plan types:
The hosting plans come in three pricing ranges beginning at $25 per month. Contingent upon your requirements, you can pick a basic plan to begin with or select a top notch solution to deal with all your hosting needs. WP Engine offers very good quality choices for businesses and those keen on building headless websites.
WP Engine Managed Hosting Plans
|Managed Hosting Startup||Managed Hosting Professional||Managed Hosting Growth||Managed Hosting Scale|
|Price||$25 per month||$59 per month||$115 per month||$290 per month|
|Best For||Small businesses, bloggers||Growing businesses, professionals||Fast growing companies||Mid to large-scale businesses|
|Storage||10 GB||15 GB||20 GB||50 GB|
|Bandwidth||25GB||50 GB||200 GB||500 GB|
Who should use managed hosting by WP Engine?
WP Engine’s most famous choices are the managed hosting services, length of 12 unique plans and custom choices. Each plan likewise has more significant level Plus and Secure hosting versions to browse.
Whether you maintain a small business or are setting up a site for a client zeroed in on security, you cannot turn out badly with the managed hosting plans.
WP Engine Ecommerce Hosting Packages:
|Ecommerce Hosting Startup||Ecommerce Hosting Professional||Ecommerce Hosting Growth||Ecommerce Hosting Scale|
|Price||$36 per month||$75 per month||$140 per month||$350 per month|
|Best For||Small businesses or upcoming businesses||Growing businesses||Fast growing companies||Mid to large-scale businesses hoping to scale further|
|Storage||10 GB||15 GB||20 GB||50 GB|
|Bandwidth||50 GB||125 GB||200 GB||500 GB|
Who should use eCommerce Hosting by WP Engine?
WP Engine’s eCommerce hosting solutions are equipped for building and sending WooCommerce stores. This is a feasible choice for anybody essentially using their website to drive auto deals. Whether you are new to the internet business game or feel comfortable around it, WP Engine has got you covered.
WP Engine Flywheel Growth Suite Plans:
|Price||$135 per month||$330 per month||N/A|
|Best For||DevelopersGrowing Agencies||Mid-size Agencies||Veteran Agencies|
|Storage||20 GB||50 GB||120 GB Plus|
|Bandwidth||200 GB||500 GB||1 TB Plus|
Who should use the Flywheel Growth Suite by WP Engine?
This one is for the designers and offices. The Growth Suite’s abilities expand well past basic web hosting. It is mainly focused on giving organizations a broad toolkit to help manage clients and convey solid web advancement services. You can look over three choices in view of your service management needs.
Hosting Features from WP Engine
WP Engine offers numerous website hosting solutions in light of your necessities. On the off chance that you own a small to medium-sized business, or on the other hand in the event that you’re searching for a web hosting service for your internet business store, WP Engine could be ideally suited for you.
Here are the best WP Engine features:
- Helpful work process tools
- Unlimited improvement sites
- Premium topics and block tools
- Advanced security features
- Master WordPress support
- Advantageous Workflow Tools
WP Engine all plans offer different work process tools to make your website building process more advantageous. These tools incorporate a free automated movement plugin, a single tick organizing sites, encoded SSH access, GIT (a dev operations tool) and secure file transfer protocol (SFTP) associations, and page performance observing.
- Staging sites
Numerous website hosting organizations offer site staging with their more costly plans, while WP Engine permits this with their plans in general.
Site staging allows you to create a copy version of your website where you can make changes to the format, attempt new subjects and plugins, and distinguish any mistakes before your site goes live.
Be that as it may, WP Engine doesn’t permit you to upload a non-WordPress website from Windows or Linux — it’s completely a WordPress-based hosting service. You get WordPress pre-installed, so you don’t need to stress over installing extra plugins.
- Free automated migration
WP Engine offers you a free plugin that permits you to perform automated migrations for your WordPress site. This implies that you can relocate your WordPress website to the WP Engine effortlessly.
The plugin will accomplish the work for you, so you can zero in on different parts of your website. WP Engine’s automated relocation tool is a fast and simple method for moving different WordPress websites.
- Unlimited Development Sites
WP Engine alludes to a “site” collectively of three conditions:
These three conditions offer full adaptability to make your development work process more straightforward. You can likewise push or pull staging sites to or from your live site independently and securely.
- Free conditions
We have previously covered organizing sites as a method for settling mistakes or making changes to your website. Another choice that WP Engine offers is to utilize free development conditions to create and test new sites.
Whenever you are finished, just duplicate your progressions to your live site. Since they work freely, the progressions you make to one climate won’t influence the others.
- Local developments
Local is a strong WordPress development tool that you can use to set up organizing sites on your local device. It is accessible free of charge with all WP Engine hosting plans.
The tool permits you to test your site through neighborhood arranging conditions disconnected or on the web. What makes Local unique is that it permits you to upload your new changes with a single tick, so you need to go through no manual WordPress installation arrangements. You even get SSL free.
- Premium Themes and Block Tools
Each WP Engine hosting plan accompanies 10 subjects that the Genesis system powers. All superior subjects are optimized for performance and SEO, making your plan and altering the process more effective.
- 10 premium StudioPress subjects with Genesis Framework
You get 10 Premium StudioPress subjects with WP Engine, regardless of which plan you pick. All subjects are Genesis-backed, and that implies you’ll have to install the Genesis system if you have any desire to utilize any of the free topics.
- Advanced Security Features
WP Engine’s security recognizes and hinders 26 billion cyberattacks consistently. The group continually screens your site to guarantee it is protected. You likewise get automated WordPress plugin and PHP refreshes, alongside multifaceted secret phrase verification.
In any case, that is not all. WP Engine will incorporate a venture-grade add-on called Global Edge Security. Accessible on all plans, this feature offers a Web Application Firewall (WAF) optimized for WordPress, advanced Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) Mitigation, CDN, and SSL installation.
- Everyday backups
As a feature of your security, WP Engine will back up your WordPress site each day, and that implies you can return and restore any past versions of your website assuming that you wish to.
They likewise permit manual backups, so you can back up your site with a plugin. WP offers various free plugins, for example, the UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin, which will guard every one of your data in the event of an attack or a breach.
WP Engine Performance and Uptime:
WP Engine guarantees 99.95% uptime, which increases to 99.99% with an improved Service Level Agreement (SLA). The company has servers in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Uptime and Reliability
As per our tests, WPEngine.com servers have experienced no downtime in the beyond 30 days, which is extremely great. This, joined with the way that WPEngine offers a 99.95% uptime guarantee makes it clear it offers a particularly solid hosting climate.
- Site Response Times
One significant part of a hosting organization is the way its servers answer demands quickly. This directly influences how rapidly your site loads visitors.
There are many elements that impact the speed at which a hosting company’s servers answer. Finding a host that has reliably quick response times is significant.
We found that WPEngine has a site loading time that is continually under 2000ms, which is excellent. This is made conceivable not simply by its quality servers and backend design, yet in addition by the way that it offers a CDN to every one of its customers for added speed and dependability.
At the time of our testing, we found that WPEngine made some response memories of 1954ms, which is very great. Your outcomes will fluctuate in view of where you test from, the time of day, and clog at your local ISP, and that’s just the beginning. Obviously, the site loading time will likewise rely upon what you put on every one of your pages.
- Optimized WordPress Tools
WP Engine offers a host of WordPress-optimized site-building tools for your benefit. These tools help with site relocations and moves, staging environments, SSH access, GIT and SFTP connections, and page performance monitoring.
WP Engine Site Security
WP Engine’s advanced security features identify and hinder more than 26 billion digital dangers yearly. With the help of a support group and an undertaking grade add-on in Global Edge Security, WP Engine’s security is almost impervious.
- SSL Certificates
All of WP Engine’s hosting plans accompany a free SSL certificate. Be that as it may, what is an SSL certificate, and do you try and need one?
SSL is a cryptographic encryption security convention. In basic terms, an SSL is a progression of correspondences or directions sent over a PC network. For instance, your server and internet browser trade data, and an SSL will guarantee that this data is being moved safely and not blocked by external gatherings.
- Safeguarding Your Data
Accessible on all plans, WP Engine incorporates an endeavor grade add-on called Global Edge Security, which utilizes different features to safeguard your WordPress website from north of 72 million digital goes after every day.
WP Engine Support
At the point when our team reached WP Engine’s customer support, it seemed to be straightforward, solid, and open. WP Engine was accessible to tackle my inquiries by means of chat, phone, and email. Contingent upon the plan we took, they guaranteed me that their group is accessible all day, every day.
We had the option to find replies to a portion of my inquiries in the user directives that they have posted on the website. These aides are comprehensive and have replied to the most ordinarily gotten clarification on pressing issues.
WP Engine has likewise created an extremely helpful support bot that sent me links to determine various normal issues.
It was likewise elected to help me address one of WP Engine’s human specialists when our colleague composed “support.” Since these specialists are accessible nonstop, it was exceptionally simple to reach out to them in any event, when we were burning the midnight oil around evening time.
Recent Improvements To WP Engine
WP Engine distributes a year-in-survey report to show customers how they ceaselessly endeavor to make enhancements to their platform and reaffirm their Core Values: Built for Growth, Customer Inspired, Design Matters, Do The Right Thing, and Committed to Give Back. The platform made in excess of 50 upgrades and enhancements in 2021.
It is likewise dedicated to offering more tools and services to improve the more extensive WordPress people group.
Here is a portion of the new upgrades WP Engine made to its web hosting service:
- Optimized E-trade Hosting – The organization sent off a profoundly optimized web-based business hosting plan with features like Gutenberg blocks and ElasticPress. These new features boosted loading speeds by up to 40% and expanded deals by 360% on internet business sites.
- Complete Headless WordPress – WP Engine sent off Atlas, a ‘complete Headless WordPress platform that offers organizations with enormous scope computerized needs headless design to get more site visitors, increment commitment, and boost income.
- DevRel Team – They enlisted StudioPress pioneer Brian Gardner to head their new Developer Relations (DevRel) group. Gardner is one of the trailblazers of the modern topic environment on WordPress.
- Free Features – WP Engine made Local Pro’s exceptional features free in 2021. It likewise now offers the Genesis Framework and the Genesis test subject liberated from cost.
- Enhancements to Smart Plugin Manager – This feature checks plugins for refreshes and guarantees your site doesn’t crash when you really want to make those updates. WP Engine gave Smart Plugin Manager a facelift with another UI and other perceivability upgrades. In particular, in any case, Smart Plugin Manager can now automate topic refreshes.
- UX Upgrades – WP Engine upgraded its user entry to incorporate new speedy activities, storing features, and an “Easy Add Site” feature. The new storing feature has prompted a 30% decrease in related support tickets, while the “Easy Add Site” feature currently permits you to remember new sites for your web-based business plan with two or three simple clicks.
Is WP Engine Worth it?
Yes, WP Engine is worth it. It’s a great platform for WordPress websites and it offers a lot of features and benefits.
DO WE RECOMMEND USING WP ENGINE HOSTING?
Since you have perused the point-by-point WP Engine audit and seen through the different perspectives, we have come to the last and the most critical inquiry. Is the WP Engine ideal for your website or business? Would it be advisable for me to have my site with WP Engine?
While looking at every one of the parts of the WP Engine with the other hosting suppliers exhaustively, it is hard not to tell that WP Engine is one of the most incredibly managed WordPress hosting suppliers.
WP Engine is an ideal decision on the off chance that you are looking for a problem-free experience to host your WordPress website. Be it for bloggers or top-of-the-line businesses, who would rather not squander any energy on the specialized angles, WP Engine is simply awesome.
Both standard users and designers will find the advanced features of the WP Engine very time preserving when they need to foster a WordPress site for their clients
Top 3 Best WP Engine Hosting Alternatives:
- A2 Hosting
We have now come to an end to our well-detailed WP Engine review with its pros and cons. We hope it helps you in the best possible manner.